Terms & Conditions
Users of this website, ineedavanman.com, are requested to abide by the terms and conditions of use set forth herein. By using this website, You will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
I Need A Van Man reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions shall be posted on this website immediately. Please check the latest information posted herein to inform yourself of any changes.
1. These Terms
Definitions used in these terms
I Need A Van Man, INAVM, Our, Us, We: The I Need A Van Man service.
You, Your, Customer: A person who enters into an agreement for the provision of Transport Services, wholly or mainly for You personally and not for use in connection with a trade, business, craft or profession.
Booking: Your request for Transport Services by completing and submitting Our Online Removal Form.
Booking Services: The provision of Our website and booking technologies, which connects You to Our Drivers and enables You to book Transport Services.
Online Removal Form: The form on Our website whereby You provide the information required for Us to provide an Instant Quote
Vanman, Drivers: The transport service provider(s) who agree, in accordance with our terms and conditions, to provide You Transport Services.
Transport Services: The transport services provided by our Drivers for the transportation of Your goods by road.
Instant Quote: The quote given to You by I Need A Van Man.
Urgent Booking: a Booking made with less than forty eight hours notice.
Collection Address: The collection address provided by You when completing and submitting Our Online Removal Form.
Delivery Address: The delivery address provided by You when completing and submitting Our Online Removal Form.
Time Window: The window of time Our Driver will endeavour to arrive at the Collection Address for the provision of Transport Services.
2. Your Booking
- The Driver will arrive at the address provided by You and on the date agreed in Your Booking, or an alternative date if re-arranged in advance and only if the new proposed date is accepted and confirmed by I Need A Van Man. Any change in dates after the initial Booking may result in a change in price, which will be notified to You in advance of the Transport Services being undertaken.
- A change in the date of the Booking does not alter the terms of the postponement or cancellation. The original Booking date is the date that is bound by the terms of Booking Postponement or Cancellation, found in clause 3.
- I Need A Van Man, and at Our sole discretion, may assist with a Booking for Transport Services that is not solely carried out by road, but bears no responsibility for any additional costs or charges that occur as a result. The additional costs that I Need A Van Man are not liable for can include, but are not limited to: storage charges, ferry charges.
- As part of the Booking Service, I Need A Van Man will accept amendments to Your Booking up to forty eight hours prior to the date that Transport Services are to be carried out, however, You may incur additional charges in relation to such amendments.
2.2 Services Not Included
The following services are not included in Your Booking. Not allowing a job to continue as agreed by these Terms shall result in the Booking being cancelled and no refund due or issued.
- The Driver will not dismantle, reconnect, or assemble any furniture, goods or appliances unless previously agreed in writing prior to or at the time of Booking or whereby an agreement was made by I Need A Van Man in writing.
- The Driver will not transport people or animals, unless previously agreed by I Need Van Man in writing prior to a Booking being complete.
2.3 Booking Obligations
- If on arrival at the Collection Address, the Driver cannot gain access to the premises and You are not contactable by telephone, on the number provided by You on the Online Removal Form, the Driver will be entitled at its discretion to cease the provision of the Transport Services and/or cancel the Transport Services if You cannot be reached and access cannot be gained to the Collection Address within fifteen minutes. In this case, You will not be entitled to receive a refund and any unpaid sums due for the Booking Services will become immediately due and payable by You.
- If on arrival at the Delivery Address for the delivery of the goods, provided by You on the Online Removal Form, and are unable to gain access to the premises for the delivery of these goods within fifteen minutes, then I Need A Van Man will be entitled to charge a storage cost of £20 per day. Any unpaid sums due for the Booking Services, including any fee's, charges or costs accrued, must be paid before You shall gain access to these goods. If after thirty days the goods still remain within our possession then We shall be entitled to dispose, sell or deal with the goods as we deem reasonable.
- If You decide to help the driver with moving, packing, loading or unloading of any goods but are not available to help within fifteen minutes of the Driver arriving at the Collection Address or Delivery Address, the Driver, with the permission of You and the ability to access the relevant premises safely and solely at their own discretion, will decide whether or not to continue with the Transport Services but bears no responsibility nor liability for any loss or damage to any of Your goods and shall have the right to cease the provision of the Transport Services and/or cancel the Transport Services. In this case, You will not be entitled to receive a refund and any unpaid sums due for the Booking Services will become immediately due and payable by You.
- If You pay an additional charge for a Time Window, your Driver will endeavour to arrive within this time, however, this Time Window is for guidance only and should not be relied upon. I Need A Van Man shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of Our Drivers not arriving within the Time Window. I Need A Van Man may reimburse any additional charges paid specifically for the Time Window but this is solely at the discretion of I Need A Van Man and subject to You producing satisfactory evidence that the Driver arrived outside of the Time Window.
- Suitable, legal and safe parking arrangements for the Driver's vehicles will be made by you and shall be funded by You. These include but are not limited to, width restrictions, parking permits, suspended bays and parking distances from all premises within your Booking. You will fully indemnify the Driver if penalties or fines are incurred as a result of your failure to make said arrangements.
3. Booking Postponement or Cancellation
If You wish to postpone or cancel Your Booking, please notify us in writing or by telephone as soon as possible. Postponement and Cancellation charges are as follows:
- If I Need A Van Man receives notification in writing or by telephone more than 48 hours before the booking date, You will incur a 10% charge, or £10 (whichever is greater), of the total booking amount.
- If I Need A Van Man receives notification in writing or by telephone less than 48 hours before the booking date, You will incur a charge equal to 50% of the total booking amount.
- If I Need A Van Man receives notification in writing or by telephone less than 24 hours before the booking date, You will not be entitled to a refund.
- Urgent Bookings are non-refundable if cancelled or postponed.
4. Liability For Loss Or Damage
4.1 I Need A Van Man bears no responsibility nor liability for any loss or damage to any of Your goods, premises or any other damages or losses suffered by you.
4.2 Driver's will be liable for any loss or damage to Your premises and goods subject to You producing satisfactory evidence that the damage or loss was caused by the Driver and not by You or a third party. The Driver's liability to You is limited as follows:
- If the Driver damages goods or property other than the goods they are contracted to transport as a result of their negligence or breach of contract, they are only liable for repairing the damaged area.
- The Driver is not liable for any damage caused to any goods or property if You ignore I Need A Van Man or the Driver's advice in relation to the Transport Services.
- You must advise Us by email, Live Chat or telephone as soon as You become aware of any damage to Your goods or property caused during collection, transportation or delivery and no later than seven days from the date of delivery.
4.3 If You decide to help the Driver with moving, packing, loading or unloading of any goods, or travel with the Driver in a vehicle, You do so at Your sole risk and the Driver shall not, nor I Need A Van Man, be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result.
5. How We May Use Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information You provide to us:
- To introduce Drivers to supply the Transport Services to you.
- To process Your payment for the Transport Services.
- If You agreed upon Booking, to give You information about similar services that We provide.